TUITION AND FEES
Middle East University is a non-profit educational institution that charges moderate fees. Students are expected to pay the tuition and fees in full during the registration period at the beginning of each semester or make alternative arrangements with the Business Office.
Information on tuition and fees is available on the University's website and on a separate document obtained from the University's Business Office. Payments should be made in cash (Lebanese pounds) or by direct deposit into the University bank account. The University makes every effort to maintain the tuition and fee costs as published at the beginning of the academic year. However, the University reserves the right to make changes necessitated by unexpected circumstances. Such changes are announced before the semester in which they become effective. Below is a list of required fees by the University:
- Every applicant must pay the application fee before the Admissions Committee will consider the application.
- At the time of registration, every student will be charged a registration fee. If registration is not completed within the assigned published days, the student will be charged a late registration fee for every day he/she is late.
- An examination fee is required for certain examinations such as the English Entrance Examination (EEE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), English Placement Test (EPT), Math Placement Test (MPT), make-up tests, make-up examinations, waiver examinations, and credit by examination.
- Every student is charged a development fee to be used for campus improvement.
- Students who use cars to commute to the University must register their cars each semester with the Business Office and pay the parking fee.
- Upon registration, all undergraduate students become members of the Middle East University Student Association (MEUSA) and are charged the student association fee. The funds are used for student projects and publications.
- A Computer Center fee is charged to all undergraduate students.
- Computer Science, Information Systems and Graphics Design majors are charged an additional fee for using the computer center facility.
- The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) Medical Branch fee is charged annually to all Lebanese students as required by law. Non-Lebanese students are insured by the University and must pay a medical insurance fee.
- Students who prefer to live in University Housing will be charged a boarding fee.
- Other fees include a graduation fee, transcript request fee, and ID card replacement fee.
- Courses taken for audit are charged at 50% of regular tuition.
Applicants from outside Lebanon must pay an advance security deposit with a notarized affidavit of support. Once this document and the deposit are received and accepted along with the application form, the University will consider issuing an acceptance letter. The deposit is held until the student's enrollment at the University is terminated and can be credited for the final semester of registration.
FINANCIAL HOLD AND CLEARANCE
Students who have made payment arrangements with the Business Office but do not meet their financial obligations to the University at the end of the semester will receive no academic credit for that semester. Outstanding balances must be settled in full before students are allowed to register. If students fail to settle their account by the end of the semester/session, interest may be applied on the balance. Transcripts, diplomas, and other academic records are only released when a student's account has been cleared. All students must obtain a financial clearance card from the Business Office to be permitted to sit for the final examinations.
When two or more students from the same family are attending the University during the same academic year, a discount of 10% is given to the second son/ daughter and beyond, provided the study load is 12 credits or more. This discount is applied on the final statement of the academic year granted that full fees have been paid promptly each semester. Application for the family discount must be made at the time of registration.
Financial aid is given to a limited number of students in the form of a tuition discount. To be eligible, a student must demonstrate a need, be in a degree program, be academically qualified, and be registered for at least 12 credits. Students on social probation do not qualify for financial aid. If a student fails a course or withdraws from it, the financial aid for that particular course will be terminated. An application for financial aid, obtained from the Business Office and available on the University's website, must be submitted by the student each semester. Financial aid is not available during the summer session.
Students who withdraw from courses during the first four weeks of the semester will receive the following refunds on tuition only:
|100% refund||during the first week (Drop or Add Courses period)|
|75% refund||during the second week|
|50% refund||during the third week|
|0% refund||as of the fourth week|
Unpaid tuition and fees will be deducted from any calculated refund. The refund schedule is modified for the summer session. Room and board refunds are in proportion to used/unused time.
MEU does not provide insurance coverage for personal effects and is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal belongings brought to the campus by its students. The University recommends that students purchase their own insurance coverage for personal effects.